moderated Online reply remembers original, not adjusted subject text if a hashtag was removed #bug

Christos G. Psarras

Greetings,

Short version:

Here's a glitch, in short, at least in beta, when one replies through the online interface to an existing message which had its original subject altered by removing a #hashtag, the online Reply function will remember the original subject and include the deleted hashtag.

Long version:

This happened on beta today when I wanted to add my latest update to this thread, originally posted before you did your hashtag reorg:

https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/69924762

The original subject was "Re: Following a new topic sends out catch-up emails with missing group [Subject Tag] #bug #SubjectTag", and you removed the #SubjectTag hashtag from the original subject.

When I tried to reply to either one of those two existing posts, clicking reply brought up the original subject with the #SubjectTag in it.  Tested a bit more, both from my normal account and a different test account, and it will only do it on either of those original posts, NOT (of course) on my latest update message in that thread, as I manually made sure to remove that hashtag so it matches your change (and topic displayed).

Cheers,

Christos