moderated Re: non-mod usable beta tag set for private replies only #meta

KWKloeber

>>>On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 08:21 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
At this point I have no particularly compelling example.<<<
A (non-specific) example could be if there was a way using Private to formulate (read: fine-tune) a soon-to-be-formalized #suggestion and minimize the chaff (my new fav word, the visual fits so well) that leads up to (at least some) finally agreeing on a "way to" - or what "should" - be suggested to be implemented.  I'm envisioning something akin to

"Topic X #suggestion
I'm thinking of suggesting that Mark implement X, in a way to effectuate Y but also allow Z and Q for our group."
"Anyone have anything to add to that that would make it better?
"

I believe that it would lend itself to more thoughtful replies than the easy-to-instantly-hit "Reply" (in other words, ready-aim-suggest (not fire-ready-aim).+
A drawback is the messaging would all be individual, with no group collaboration as if it were on here or, say, Basecamp or other.
If there's some way to provide that type discussion it might streamline the discussion here, if only because a lot of the misunderstandings/clarifications could be fixed up front.

** Mark, could I also suggest that signatures on Beta (other than a name, etc.) be "discouraged"?  They add nothing to Beta and are better reserved for individual groups and just add to the volume we have to view.  If you don't have one, I don't see a compelling reason why we need them.