moderated Re: non-mod usable beta tag set for private replies only #meta

Samuel Murrayy

On 21/01/2020 01:35, Mark Fletcher wrote:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 04:28 PM, J_Catlady wrote:

...and/or they want to communicate with others offlist about the
subject for some other (non-nefarious) reason, thinking that beta
members may be the best-equipped to discuss it with.
My first inclination is to not do this. I thought there was too much
off-topic stuff on Beta recently, and I'd like to avoid that going forward.
I understand, but you must realise that your changes are going to change
the nature of the "beta community". Although chit-chat has always been
officially discouraged here, chit-chat nevertheless occurred.

So here's a suggestion: create a subgroup for beta'ers who want to talk
in a somewhat less formalised setting, talk@beta.groups.io. It need not
be a free-for-all chat group -- it'll be a place where beta'ers can have
discussions unmoderated that they may personally feel veer just a little
too far away from the main group's neat and tidy setup.

Samuel