moderated Re: make "use by mods only" hashtag restriction viewable by non-mods #suggestion

Michael Pavan

On Jan 20, 2020, at 4:26 PM, Bruce Bowman <@BruceBowman> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 03:49 PM, Gerald Boutin wrote:
Duh, the aha moment, this isn't obvious when using email. Double duh - if you're emailing and not online, you don't have a place to look to see if a tag is available.

Tell me what I am missing? (Or did I get it right this time?)
Gerald -- I think you got it right, but am not very clear on what can be done about it.

For what it's worth, when someone sends a non-compliant message via email, the offending post is held in Draft form, and the post-er is sent a notification containing a link to that draft.
This notification could have the list of permitted hashtags, preferably with an explanation of their use, so that email only users do not have to go online.

The link to the draft may go unused if they choose to correct / recompose using their email client.

If the link is followed, at that point the subscriber will be online and have access to the acceptable hashtags.

After being forced to jump through that hoop several times perhaps things will get more intuitive (or perhaps not).