moderated Re: make "use by mods only" hashtag restriction viewable by non-mods #suggestion

Another idea is to use single-letter codes, with a key at the bottom of the page - M for mod only, L for locked, P for private replies only, etc. But that may not be enough information (e.g. if M, you still don’t know if it’s replies by mods only; if D for duration, yoh don’t know the duration; etc). So another idea is to give non-mods ability to click on each tag to see a detailed page, similar to what mods have but without edit capability.

On Jan 20, 2020, at 1:26 PM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 03:49 PM, Gerald Boutin wrote:
Duh, the aha moment, this isn't obvious when using email. Double duh - if you're emailing and not online, you don't have a place to look to see if a tag is available.

Tell me what I am missing? (Or did I get it right this time?)
Gerald -- I think you got it right, but am not very clear on what can be done about it.

For what it's worth, when someone sends a non-compliant message via email, the offending post is held in Draft form, and the post-er is sent a notification containing a link to that draft. If the link is followed, at that point the subscriber will be online and have access to the acceptable hashtags.

After being forced to jump through that hoop several times perhaps things will get more intuitive (or perhaps not).

Bruce