moderated Annoying message after duplicate moderation approval replies sent

Dave Wade

Folks,

I tend to moderate my groups by E-Mail, and as I live in the UK, often folks post when I am asleep or not monitoring my e-mails.

To keep things moving we tend to have multiple moderators, so it often happens I reply to a request to approve a message after its already been approved by someone else.

When I do I get a “Message Blocked” response with a big red traffic light image, and the reason hidden in some small print in the bottom, and a copy of my message.

Is there really any need for any of this? Why not just silently discard the message?

If it must be sent couldn’t a simple plain text message suffice.

Dave Wade