locked Re: OT: question for anyone still running a Yahoo group

Dave Wade

J,

Perhaps rather than “limping along” they are now enjoying their newfound freedom. No more moderation, no more having their e-mails modified. Just post and it appears.

(for those that don’t know Yahoo has removed moderation of messages)

I would just chill until the spammers take over, as has quickly happened with many groups, as without effective moderation of content, it will be difficult to keep groups with any sort of public visibility clear of spam.

And if you don’t have public visibility then as members fall away the groups will shrink to a size where they become useless.

G4UGM

From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of J_Catlady
Sent: 19 January 2020 22:31
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: [beta] OT: question for anyone still running a Yahoo group

If anyone is still running a yahoo group, could you contact me offlist? I have some questions. I'm now running the groups.io "takeover" of our block's former yahoo group (they refused to transfer), but the yahoo group is still limping along in the background and I have some questions about what that moderator can and can't do in terms of inviting people to the old group, managing the membership list, etc. My email address is 
j.olivia.catlady [at] gmail.com, or you can PM me from this message.
Thanks.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.