moderated Re: Column Width Problem

On 18 Jan 2020 at 3:26, Chris Jones via Groups.Io wrote:

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 04:45 AM, Christos G. Psarras wrote:

I've run into similar display issues when doing member maintenance.
Exactly so.

However, having done a bit more investigating it has occurred to me that Mark
may have looked at this and finished up scratching his head wondering what the
problem is because he cannot see it.

It depends not only on the way the column widths are sized but also on the
geometry of the display unit on which the page is viewed. The DU I normally use
(OK; it is now getting elderly rather like me) has a 4:3 aspect ratio. I have
also looked at how a 16:9 aspect ratio DU (my not very often used laptop)
presents that page and with that there is no visible problem.

Now 4:3 DUs may or may not be passé (I genuinely don't know) but for those of
us who don't want to discard them when they are working perfectly well it would
be a major bonus if the column widths could be adjusted at source so that some
of the detail isn't lost when the members list is viewed on a 4:3 rather than a
16:9. As far as I can see there would be no "downside".

Chris
As another 4:3 DU user, I fully agree.

Jim

--