moderated Re: Finding posts by a member

Stan Garfield

I would like to see the following enhancement made to message search.

Make it possible to search the first line of messages (that includes the name and email address of the poster). This can either be be default, or as an advanced search option.

The reason for this request is to allow searching for former members who left the group prior to its migration from Yahoo Groups to Groups.io. The email address is present in each message, but it currently not included in what is searched. And these former members do not appear in the Past Member list because they left before the group was migrated. If I can search for the email address the former member used, or by their name, I can locate old posts that they made.