moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 11:51 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 11:40 PM, Christos G. Psarras wrote:
A small issue, when someone selects this new setting, the group's home page now shows "Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators"
Agreed, a small oversight and should be changed.

More rough edges...

Group Owners should be exempt from this. An Owner starting a new Topic either online or via email is moderated. I didn't test this for a Moderator, but presumably it happens for Moderators as well. I would prefer that it does not happen for Moderators with the permission to "approve messages...".

Here's what shows up in the Activities log.

... sent message "Does Group Owner Get Moderated if Posting Via Email" requiring approval because the group is set to moderate the first message in a topic and this message is starting a new topic via email 12:02pm
... sent message "Setting now New Topic Post is Moderated - Better not be for Owner/Mod" requiring approval because the group is set to moderate the first message in a topic and this message is starting a new topic via web

--
Gerald