moderated Re: wording of the confirmation-request

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

Michael,

I am not in disagreement, I just thought I would try to "herd" the requirements into a summary. It seems that a lot of the topics go back and forth. I like to see the process ending up in a convergence.

--
Gerald

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 05:10 PM, Michael Pavan wrote:
Gerald,

On Jan 17, 2020, at 12:33 PM, Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...> wrote:

Perhaps there should also be two other pieces of info:

1. Timeout: Specify how long before this expires
Yes, but will would-be subscribers understand:
"Your request to join this group will expire in 14 days, unless you request has been claimed by a group Moderator or Owner"...

I'd like to see it say:
"Your request to join this group may expire in 14 days"
"Please address any questions to: <GROUPNAME+owner@groups.io>"

unless it is a Restricted Membership group with an active Pending Subscription Member Notice, then it should say:
"Your request to join this group may expire in 14 days if you do not reply to the <Pending Subscription Member Notice's name>"
"Please address any questions to: <GROUPNAME+owner@groups.io>"

*I'm not sure if "Please address any questions to: <GROUPNAME+owner@groups.io>" is already included - I didn't create a new (unknown to Groups.io) email address to test this.

2. Not you: What to do if you didn't want this (eg - ignore)
Already happens, it says something like:
"If you are not interested, or if <yourname@yourdomain> is not your email address, please ignore this email."

Michael