moderated Re: wording of the confirmation-request

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 01:10 PM, Michael Pavan wrote:

unless it is a Restricted Membership group with an active Pending Subscription Member Notice, then it should say:
"Your request to join this group may expire in 14 days if you do not reply to the <Pending Subscription Member Notice's name>"
Good idea in theory, but I would not add that, even if there is an active pending notice, because even if there is one, it may not require a response. It's conceivable that some groups simply send a pending notice informing the member that they are acting on the application in some way, shape, or form, possibly giving out some interim info, etc. Their membership decision may or may not include responses from an emailed questionnaire.