moderated Re: Search function for Member Directory #suggestion #done

James Dilworth

No doubt, different communities have different needs.

A public mailing list in low trust, online topic would probably do better as it is now. Users want to remain anonymous unless they choose otherwise.

But when groups.io supports a closed, high trust, face to face community.... such as a local football league, yacht club, or in our case swimming club, members want to be able to contact each other. What's the point of having a member directory if everyone has to jump through hoops to use it?

What I'm asking is to allow the admin to choose whether the member directory should include all members by default. Sure, it won't be for every community, but it'd certainly be great for ours.

Thanks for your consideration! :)