locked Re: Hashtags for single messages (not topics) #suggestion

This part is me being serious:

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 1:56 PM Ken Kloeber via Groups.Io <KWKloeber=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Mark has asked the group to not get into what's possible/not possible to implement (his call to figure out) so ignore those type negative nay sayers.

I wish J had not said that the feature would never appear, and to her credit she did walk that statement back. I don't want people saying that, on my behalf or otherwise. It's also just not a useful thing to say. But also 'negative nay sayers' isn't useful either.

Once more, with feeling: Let us please keep things positive and constructive here.

This part is me being absurd:

On the positive side instead, it would allow for a more useful search of messages (opposed to the woefully inadequate, 17th-century, non-boolean, word/non-phrase search we now have to operate under.

I'm really glad you picked up on the Baroque stylings of our search. It was always my intention to use search as commentary on the tense and extravagant aspects of Silicon Valley in this part of the 21st century. My use of drop shadows on the search results page is a call-out to Caravaggio's use of chiaroscuro. Just wait until you see the new version of the Feed page, where I go for more of a Cubist approach. It's going to be completely incomprehensible!