moderated Re: problem persists with "your membership has not been approved" banner #bug

It will “fix things up” but should not be necessary. And if it freaks me out, it has to be freaking out naive users.

On Jan 16, 2020, at 1:41 PM, Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 04:40 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I reported this awhile back, possibly several times, but never heard back about it or received the (now non-existent?) bug report acknowledgement, so I'm bringing it up again. I think this is a borderline serious issue and would probably be a quick fix. The issue is that after applying to join a restricted group, and before the membership has been approved, the pink "Your membership has not yet been approved" banner appears at the top of EVERY group you're in, including your own. This is alarming, to say the least. It seems like either you don't belong to your own group, or you're logged in under the wrong account, or worse.

Thanks.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

I think this is related to not automatically updating the browser page after certain changes, not just this one. If we are talking about the same thing, then a manual browser refresh will fix things up.

--
Gerald

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.