On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 8:47 AM Chris Jones via Groups.Io <chrisjones12=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

I think there are clear benefits to be had from changing the way Hashtags can be used on beta, perhaps to the point where every New Topic has to have at least one hashtag in its subject. However, I think there are major drawbacks to the way hashtags currently operate on beta, and I would suggest the following change.

Agreed. I'm using the new App subgroup as a kind of test run for how I might change beta. You can read the group charter for App here:

Should that group continue to run well, I'll go through and prune most of the hashtags from Beta and change its' moderation. I agree that fewer hashtags is better.