moderated Re: Premium groups now have more storage, basic group subgroups change

txercoupemuseum.org

Hi Mark,

I was responding to your statements to Samuel Murray today:

"On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 12:46 AM Samuel Murray <samuelmurray@...> wrote:

What would happen (from now on) to subgroups in groups who are premium
for a while and then changes to non-premium?  Will it be a loophole in
the system that you can create subgroups by paying for 1 month premium?

The subgroups will be deleted, after a delay to ensure that the downgrade wasn't an inadvertent mistake on the part of the group owner.”

Your comment above is my first indication that my existing subgroup established under the temporary “Premium” membership purchased to get my groups transferred from Yahoo would disappear if and when we exercised the promised option to revert to a free group, i.e that it would not be “grandfathered”.

As you say, that feature may not have existed because there was no need for it.  Since you now appear to have above defined a “new consideration”, my current response would seem both reasonable and appropriate.

Respectfully,

WRB

On Jan 13, 2020, at 2:58 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 12:37 PM txercoupemuseum.org <ercoguru@...> wrote:
So what would be the appropriate sequence and timing to (1) create a new free group to receive the information presently in a Premium subgroup such that (2) transfer of such content is not lost when exercising the option to downgrade from Premium to free status at the end of the present paid period?  Is there a way for a list owner to do such transfer within present Groups.io tools/procedures?

Not sure I understand. You want to take an existing subgroup and make it a stand alone group? That feature doesn't presently exist.

Mark
_._,_._,_