moderated Re: Email Privacy

Nis Jørgensen

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 07:43 PM, Larry Finch wrote:

In groups that I host we recommend that users create “throwaway” gmail or
yahoo addresses that don’t identify them and are used only for posting to
the group.
As Patti wrote: "Many of these users are not sophisticated enough to set up an alternate email or even realize they could be exposed. " The point is, I would like to extend the anonymity to the ones who don't think they need it, and to the ones who may think they need it, but don't know how. Or the ones who choose not to join, because of the lack of anonymity. Some may even see see the lack of built-in anonymity as a problem, not just for themselves. As I mentioned, the group has the word "anonymous" in its name.