moderated Re: Message summary a mess - but not due to IO

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 11:21 PM, Tom Vail wrote:
Not sure why it went away when I restarted, but it is back doing the same thing and a second restart did not fix it this time.

I view this as a bug.  When the message is returned from a search it should appear just as it would if you were scrolling through messages.  The title followed with first couple lines of the message.  Not some random collection of the text which makes it unintelligible.  And the text it is collecting does not necessarily have the search argument in it.

Hope this can be fixed quickly as it is holding up a project for me.

Peace,
Tom
Tom,

I (and others) are seeing what looks like rational results. Here is what I see on a search for "cookies" in this group. Please do this same search and let us know the results. If the results are random, please let us see exactly what they are.

--
Gerald