moderated Re: Message summary a mess - but not due to IO

In other words, it looks like it's behaving completely appropriately and correctly. The only possible improvement I can see would be to increase the snippet space to allow more than one context, in case the occurrences of the search terms are far apart in the message. But that's a trade-off. And it does seem like an appropriate trade-off has been made in that respect.