moderated Re: Why not allow Edit w/o resending

RickGlaz-WEB <rickglaz4742435@...>

Thanks JC and Duane.
The easiest thing for me to do is just (only) post from my
WEBmail hosting servers and hope people limit editing like
the real-time pop-up warning says <grin>.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Group.IO poster page, but it
has some limitations -- So, to each his or her own...

Rick

On January 10, 2020 at 12:33 PM J_Catlady <@J_Catlady> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 07:11 AM, RickGlaz-WEB wrote:

Glad I edit my own stuff sparingly
and generally right away...
Sometimes a moderator, rather than the member, may edit messages much later, for various reasons.

That said, your statement gives me a couple of ideas that could solve much or all of this. In no particular order, and with no suggestions as to whether or not to make them standard or group options:

1. Specify an "edit window," as do comments sections of news sites, such as "3 minutes" (or whatever - could be standard, could be optional, could be zero if the group wants to turn off editing, etc) in which non-mod members can "save don't send."

Instead of or in conjunction with (1):

2. All non-mod "save don't send" edits could be moderated.

In any case, just as they do in other media, all edited messages should still keep their place in the conversation and not move around simply because of an edit.