moderated Re: More attachment size selections requested

Glenn

As you point out, whether or not it is already downloaded is a function of settings in the email client. My Thunderbird is set to always download attachments, so there are there when I get to the computer, which has been faithfully checking for new email regularly while I am doing other things. And the setting you mention is only available to IMAP clients not POP3 clients, which always download attachments.

If this thread has gone off topic, it is because you keep making suggestions that stray from the original point, in an attempt to convince me that the original point isn't valid, and I keep pointing out that your preferences are not universal, and that other people have different settings and opinions and processes. While your suggestions have some relationship to the original point, none of them have been convincing to me thus far.