moderated Re: Moving Topics To Subgroups

Scott Chase

Hi Christos,
Eventually, post migration, all the members will become unmoderated after four posts, or as I open it up. And the replies come pretty fast after a everyone sees a new Topic. So, I would expect that it would be a series of messages associated with a Topic, by the time I can get to it.  But, I'd also like to be able to move some Topics that came over during the Yahoo migration, too. Our group is growing, and so I'm trying to stay ahead of the curve and keep things as tidy as possible.

Scott

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 4:57 PM Christos G. Psarras <christos@...> wrote:

Scott,

While I also see a value to be able to move a topic with all the associated replies to a subgroup (and also the corollary could also be valuable), I'm curious, when you want to move a topic in your case, is it after it had several replies, or do you want to move it as soon as you see it?

If the latter, there is a roundabout way of doing what you want to do, but before I post the way, I want to make sure to save me the typing!

Cheers,

Christos

On 2020-01-09 00:01, Scott Chase via Groups.Io wrote:
I really need to be able to move Topics to Subgroups, too. Our "main" group is for general discussion. And we use Subgroups to group specific genetic discussions and with only a subset of interested members. If a Topic is started in our "main" group that is specific to just a piece of a gene, I need to be able to move it to the appropriate Subgroup. Otherwise, the main group will get too broad and noisy, and some members will unsubscribe if the get too many Subgroup-type detailed e-mails.

Thanks,
Scott Chase, Owner of the "GCH1-Discussions" Group