moderated Re: Deleting attachments when out of space #update

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 05:29 AM, Bruce Bowman wrote:

Mark -- Thanks for the heads-up...such is generally my understanding of how the "Out of Space" setting was intended to function. I'm assuming the extra 5% is to allow file and photo uploads to continue to work?

Yes, that's correct.

What happens if 95% of your quota is being used by other items -- would ALL of the group's attachments then be deleted? Not saying that's wrong behavior, but want to clarify.

Yes, all attachments would be deleted.

Also, will upload restrictions now be enforced at the quota level (exactly 1 GB, 10 GB, etc)? In the past, some have reported substantial "grace storage" before such uploads were actually inhibited.

Yes. The "grace storage" was only for attachments, because this process wasn't working. It's always been the case that if your group is over the limit, you could not upload additional photos or files.

Thanks, Mark