moderated Re: Deleting attachments when out of space #update

Duane

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 11:25 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
That is indeed an existing group setting, at the bottom of the `Message Policies` section of the Group Settings page.

Not to get too far offtrack, but it might be better if the Out Of Space choice said "Bounce Messages With Attachments" to make it clear.  As is, "Bounce Messages", sounds like all messages would be bounced (though I know they wouldn't.)

Having the 'Keep' option Shal mentioned in his other message, that moderators could use to prevent an attachment from being deleted during the purge, might be less work than moving?  This way there'd be no need to keep things related, as with a move, but I can see situations where being able to save the information elsewhere would be useful.  I don't think it should be a member option because most likely everyone would feel that their attachment needed to be saved.