moderated Re: Sometimes, clicking Like causes a draft message to be saved #bug

Sandi D

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 05:58 AM, Samuel Murray wrote:
When clicking "View/reply online" in a digest, and then clicking "Like", it sometimes causes a draft to be saved.
I get the digest and click the "view/reply online" in order to read the topic online. I have to routinely clear multiple blank drafts that have been unknowingly created. While I occasionally "like" a post, the drafts far outnumber my "likes".

In fact, the first few weeks I was on GIO I incurred 30 drafts and had never used the "like" button. I didn't realize these drafts existed until I read a topic posted to the GMF forum about blank drafts and the response that they were there due to clicking on "view/reply online" from the Digest and that it was "expected" behaviour due to the "reply" link being clicked.

I do find it strange and to me it would make more sense to separate the "view" and the "reply links. To me a "view" link would take me to the post and from there I would decide after reading, if I wanted to reply.

I will look out for drafts being associated to a "like".
--
Sandi Dickenson
ASG Volunteers Group.