moderated Re: More attachment size selections requested

Duane

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 09:00 PM, Glenn wrote:
It's a large file, remember? They have to wait for the download, before they can see it. With an attachment, it is already downloaded.
It's not necessarily downloaded with the message.  I have Thunderbird set to leave an attachment on the server until I specifically open it.  So for me, it takes longer to open an attachment than it would a direct file link due to the overhead.  This thread is getting a bit off the original subject.

As far as having larger size choices for download, it might create an extra load on the outgoing email servers, depending on how the sending is handled.  I know that some time back, someone included a big attachment to quite a few people and it overloaded the system.  I believe Mark has made adjustments to try to avoid that, but no sense putting it to the test. ;>)