Mark,
I like your idea.

Susan B

On Dec 28, 2019, at 6:09 PM, Jim Fisher <@jimella> wrote:

I just want to register my support for this proposal to use Beta as you
describe and drop Canny. It has the added advantage that anyone on Beta who
happens to spot a problem with a proposal can draw attention to it, whereas on
Canny access is restricted so fewer eyes are looking for possible snags.

Jim Fisher

On 26 Dec 2019 at 9:02, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Hi All,

So, it seems that some people are using Canny to submit feature requests
and that it can be a useful tool for doing so. I do see a few drawbacks:

- There are still a bunch of posts to beta that would be more appropriate
instead as Canny feature requests.
- There is no notification of new posts to Canny on beta. So it can be
difficult to know when new things are posted to Canny.
- People who don't run premium groups cannot post to Canny.

I can address the second issue with a custom email summary sent to beta on
a regular basis, but that will require some development effort on my part.
My main problem with Canny is with the first issue; people will still post
feature requests on beta, and the discussion about those feature requests
will still happen on beta.

I thought of another way we could address this, using just the beta
group and hashtags. We could use a designated hashtag for feature requests
(and maybe another for bugs). That would make it easy to address the first
issue above; if someone posts a feature request without the correct
hashtag, I can just add it. To view all feature requests, just filter on
the hashtag. The one main thing that doesn't provide is the ability to sort by
popularity (ie likes). However, I could add something like that to the search
results page (he says without thinking it through completely).

(Also, I would add 'status' hashtags, like #closed, #planned, etc)

What do you think? I'm willing to continue using Canny if you all think
it's a good solution. Or we could switch to something like my proposal. Or
something else if someone has a better idea.

Thanks,
Mark (still on vacation)

--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)