locked Re: renaming GMF

Chris Jones

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 09:04 PM, Christos G. Psarras wrote:
I also do think that GMF could be renamed to better reflect its non-ties to GIO
Duane's post should have been quite enough to explain the history behind the name "GMF". That apart, the group's name is under the control of its Owners (& Moderators, I dare say!) not Groups.io. As far as I can see Mark is perfectly content with the way things are, and I strongly suspect that most of the GMF's subscribers are as well. Changing the name is likely to cause more confusion than it could ever resolve.

Chris