locked Re: renaming GMF

Could we stop discussing changing this group’s name and go back to discussions of groups.io issues? I think it is past time for Mark to close this thread!!

On Dec 28, 2019, at 4:04 PM, Christos G. Psarras <christos@...> wrote:

I also do think that GMF could be renamed to better reflect its non-ties to GIO, plus more closely align itself with the forgotten group, Group-Help.  Personally, if you are going to have Group_Help, to me Group_Managers_Help seems a logical choice as it "associates" both groups together, one for regular users (primarily), the other for admins.mods (primarily).

One observation,

>>> Lastly, if the name were changed, there would be nothing to prevent someone else from starting a group with the current name, thus making it even more confusing.<<<

Not quite correct, all one has to do is create a placeholder group with the pertinent info, set it to not visible/closed, etc, and nobody can create the same group, at least with the same address.

Cheers,
Christos