moderated Re: Non-permitted groups

I, too, am very happy the restrictions are here.

I remember a debate on beta about the restrictions when they first came into being (or were being contemplated by Mark). Some people argued that they would be bad for business or that they had no place here, etc. My argument then, as it is now, was that the restrictions (not to make light of them) are "a feature, not a bug" - in other words, they are good for business, not bad.  And now we are seeing that come to pass, in hearing from at least one person in this thread that they specifically picked groups.io over other platforms because of them.

So good job, Mark. Carry on!