moderated Re: Non-permitted groups

Drew

The conspiracy theory category seems awfully broad. It could include topics like Area 51, Planet X, Moon landing, Bigfoot, dollar bill symbology, Flight 007, HAARP, chem trails, JFK, Lincoln, Julius & Ethel Rosenberg... Perhaps the intended "objectionable" conspiracies would be eliminated by the other restrictions?

Drew

On 12/28/19 10:35, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 7:26 AM Stephen Cowley via Groups.Io <stephen.cowley=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io <mailto:blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>> wrote:
The list of groups that are not permitted under the "Help" section
is as follows on 28 Dec 2019:
4. Groups dedicated to the promotion of extreme, hateful, or
exclusionary ideas, including but not limited to, the alt-right.
5. Groups dedicated to the promotion of conspiracy theories,
including, but not limited to: Gamergate, Pizzagate, and Qanon.
I object to the limits 4 and 5 place on political discourse. The
central terms are undefined, subjective and even self-contradictory.
If you object, you should take your groups elsewhere. There are plenty of places on the Internet to host groups; Facebook is a popular place to host these types of groups.
I am happy to consider better definitions, should you have them. But I will not consider removing these restrictions.
I have moderated this topic and will delete any non-constructive responses.