moderated Re: More attachment size selections requested

Glenn

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 09:56 AM, Christos G. Psarras wrote:
On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 04:31 AM, Glenn wrote:
Large attachments have their place for some groups.

My suggestion for something like this, i.e. a useful and very large file that is of benefit to the whole group, is to place it in the Files (or Photos, depending on file type), then include the link to it in the email; if it helps, include a small preview of that file in the message.  Then folks can download it if they want to; with files, it's the direct link to the file and clicking it (or right-click-SaveAs) will open or save the file, with photos one has to follw the link first to open up the group's Photos, then they can download it from there.
In my testing, it's not quite direct... Clicking the link in the email opens their browser, then they have to login in the browser, before they can download it. That's quite a bit more involved that saving an attachment that has already been downloaded with an email.