Christos G. Psarras

I also agree that GMF should be NuM; specialized tech support groups like it can benefit from not being moderated always.  I can maybe see a partial reason that GMF is (still?) moderated since anyone can join, but the NuM functionality can take care of that.

Cheers,
Christos

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 04:03 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
It’s actually very simple. And of course I’m letting it be: It’s not my group. But as we are discussing here the future disposition of the three categories of messages, it would seem that the form taken by GMF, the official “unofficial” help group as espoused by Mark, is relevant to the discussion. I believe that GMF is actually shooting itself in the foot by insisting on moderation of every message, even by long-term, highly knowledgeable group members. NuM avoids all that with a single click - and also avoids all the other problems of moderation (message delays causing asynchronous misunderstandings, etc.).

Very simple to eliminate all of the extra work, misunderstandings, delays, etc.