On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 11:03 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I thought of another way we could address this, using just the beta group and hashtags. We could use a designated hashtag for feature requests (and maybe another for bugs). That would make it easy to address the first issue above; if someone posts a feature request without the correct hashtag, I can just add it. To view all feature requests, just filter on the hashtag. The one main thing that doesn't provide is the ability to sort by popularity (ie likes). However, I could add something like that to the search results page (he says without thinking it through completely).

(Also, I would add 'status' hashtags, like #closed, #planned, etc)

What do you think?
I like the idea of using this group for everything.  It keeps it all in one place, thus easier to follow.  And with the addition of (moderator only) #closed, #planned, etc, it would duplicate much of the functionality of canny, as well as removing that expense.  (BTW, canny still unceremoniously dumps owners of unpaid groups back to the site without a message when clicking any of the Login links.)

I would recommend limiting suspected bugs to support (or a user-to-user help group) though.  I think having the 3 separate resources would help us all - beta for suggestions, support for actual bugs, GMF or Group_Help for assistance.