From: J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...>
To: main <main@beta.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Dec 26, 2019 8:01 am
Subject: Re: [beta] Testing new feature request/tracking system

I agree with Chris and had the same thought. This separation seems likely to cause a deluge of requests on canny by people completely unfamiliar with the product and who likely should be taking many of their concerns to GMF. There are already a few such requests. OTOH, it’s no problem for Mark to ignore such requests, and there seems to be no easy way around it besides possibly a restriction to having had a premium group for at least a certain amount of time.

On Dec 26, 2019, at 4:20 AM, Chris Jones via Groups.Io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 12:22 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I've restricted the login ability to people who are moderators or owners of premium groups only.
Mark; a large part of me fully understands this limitation (not least because of the possible costs involved inwidening it) but the "remainder" is a little concerned.

It seems to give an edge to those recently migrated from Yahoo who had to pay to relocate, and in many cases they may be reluctant Premium Group Owners, and almost by definition they are probably "inexperienced" group owners, at least as far as groups.io is concerned.

Meanwhile Basic Group Owners & Moderators, who are likely to be more experienced and possibly even more committed to the smooth operation of their Groups and by extension Groups.io itself, are locked out.

I hesitate to shout "isn't fair" for obvious reasons but I sincerely hope that the outcome is that any skewing of the suggestions that make the cut and get adopted simply doesn't happen.

Chris