On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 01:28 PM, Paul Webster wrote:
Situation is that existing members discuss whether or not a new person should join an organisation.Paul,
There is a way to do what you want, create an off-the-record subgroup.
1. When the time comes to discuss an applicant, create a private subgroup (not listed in parent group, messages viewable by subgroup members only)
2. Configure the subgroup the way you want it to operate, wide open conversation I guess.
2. Add all parent group members to it.
3. The applicant's acceptance discussions take place strictly on that subgroup only, not on the parent group, strictly enforced.
4. When done, delete the subgroup; no trace left on the group's online archives.