moderated Re: Feature request: Cover photo in group message header

Michael Pavan

On Dec 16, 2019, at 8:37 AM, Scott Thayer <thayersn@...> wrote:

As a new owner, I suddenly find myself receiving messages from five groups, which are visually indistinct.
All five groups use the same Subject Tag?
the Subject Tag for this group is: [beta]

I don't think this is possible as the Subject Tag is determined by the Group Email Address
the Group Email Address for this group is: beta
i.e. <beta@groups.io>

My understanding is that email addresses are unique to each group - that is how messages are addressed, sorted, and directed.

I've set some to Daily Summary, which should help. But it would be aesthetically pleasing as well as helpful if a group's message headers contained the group's cover photo (or logo, if a group has one) to supplement the Gio logo which already appears there. As someone else pointed out a few days ago, few members actually go to the group's cover page, which is where the photo currently appears.
OTOH, there is nothing to prevent all groups from using the same group cover photo (or logo) - in fact that is what the default is (cover photo of elephants), unless you choose to change it.

Therefore Cover Photos on email messages in place of Subject Tags is what would cause the problem, not solve it.