moderated Re: Yahoo has extended deadline for downloading from your group

Bill Burns

On 12/11/2019 4:38 PM, Duane wrote:
In reading some posts around the web this morning, I noticed one that said the information won't be available online after Dec 14.  It will only be available to the people/programs creating the archive files. https://www.zdnet.com/article/verizon-kills-email-accounts-of-archivists-trying-to-save-yahoo-groups-history/ under the Dec 11 Update, down the page.
Duane
That's exactly what the Yahoo page Frances posted to GMF yesterday says:

https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN31010.html

Beginning October 28, new content won't be able to be uploaded to the site, and all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed after December 14. We will continue to process requests to download your content as long as they are submitted by January 31, 2020.

--
Bill