moderated Re: Allow auto-moderated/locked topics due to time-out hashtag to be unmoderated/unlocked by hand

Mark Irving

Yes, I think the group setting auto-lock (but I've no strong opinion about auto-moderate) would be more useful if it applied after a topic became inactive, rather than counting its age since first message.

Setting moderation for a topic which seems set to grumble on for ever is a decision I would usually give to the moderators' human judgement, rather than an automated timer -- but that, of course, depends on the nature of the group. The groups I help look after may not be typical; we use auto-lock as a way of preventing the occasional reply where the original discussion is long forgotten.

  - Mark