From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of txercoupemuseum.org
Sent: Sunday, December 1, 2019 9:52 PM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Another Yahoo Groups outage #transferupdate

I think some who are rightfully concerned need to step back and take a few deep breaths.

Mark has been doing a superhuman job forced by circumstances entirely beyond his control to move an incredible number of groups at risk.  The additional complication of Yahoo’s off again-on again servers was and remains unpredictable, and costs him transfer time that, like an unfilled airline seat, cannot be recovered.

He has said he will refund any group that has prepaid that he cannot get moved over, and I am confident he will do just that.  In the interim past performance strongly suggests he will continue to move heaven and earth between now and when Yahoo self-destructs.

Procrastination within groups may not be the fault of group owners, but the effect(s) are what they are.  So long as Mark continues to do all he can do, I fail to see where or how he can be credibly faulted.  If he doesn’t run out of time before he runs out of patient, he should be elevated to saint in my book.  In the end, there WILL be a point at which he says “that’s it, I’m done” (and maybe sleep for a week).

WRB

—

On Dec 1, 2019, at 11:15 PM, Adrian Groenendyk <amgroene1@...> wrote:

Hi,

As a customer of groups.io, I expect the company to keep their commitment.  From the emails, I understand the technical difficulties at play here but from a customer relations perspective you can’t do this.  You will need to figure out how to grandfather in folks who tried but were unable to request transfer by the Dec 1st deadline.

Thanks,

Adrian