moderated Re: Another Yahoo Groups outage

Daniel Allen

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 12:33 AM, Eric Johnson wrote:
I missed it. What is the manner of requesting the group data from Yahoo?
Hi Eric, it's a bit earlier in the thread:
On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 09:52 PM, Alisdair MacRae Birch wrote:

While we all wait ... If you haven't done so it is probably a good idea to request all your group data from Yahoo. This page has instructions:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/4/20917500/yahoo-group-data-download-how-to

I put the request in several weeks ago and a few days ago got an email notice that it was ready to be downloaded. The zip file I received was over 2Gb. What is interesting and surprising is the zip file contains all the data (posts, files, photos etc) from all the groups that I was ever subscribed to including 10 that no longer exist or are inaccessible! I don't know if this is some change Yahoo/Verizon has made but I really only expected to receive the posts, YMMV.

However, that is raw data; in .mbox format.

What form is it in and how do you backload it into Groups?
I don't know the answer to the latter question; however I hope the question's now moot, because Mark has re-enabled the Easy Import until December 5, 2019 at 9AM Pacific Time.
Yes! Thank you Mark!

-Daniel