moderated Re: Another Yahoo Groups outage

Adrian Groenendyk <amgroene1@...>



As a customer of, I expect the company to keep their commitment.  From the emails, I understand the technical difficulties at play here but from a customer relations perspective you can’t do this.  You will need to figure out how to grandfather in folks who tried but were unable to request transfer by the Dec 1st deadline.






From: <> On Behalf Of Simon Hedges
Sent: Sunday, December 1, 2019 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Another Yahoo Groups outage #transferupdate


Hi Mark,


I understand your position – but it was yourself that disabled the ability to request a transfer before your 1st December deadline was reached, this preventing me from meeting that deadline for the requests.  I realise that this is driven by issues with Yahoo, and I would accept that this may no be possible to transfer them all, but I would have liked to have been able to add my final group to the list awaiting transfer.




From: <> On Behalf Of Mark Fletcher
Sent: Sunday, December 1, 2019 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Another Yahoo Groups outage #transferupdate


On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 9:08 AM Kathleen Michels <michelskm2016@...> wrote:

Hi Mark, we have a few groups paid for and in the process  but  that are apparently in limbo still waiting for transfer. You set today as the original transfer deadline. If they don't make it to the transfer stage  today is that it and we have lost the transfer opportunity or will you still be transferring if yahoogroups finally allows,?



Given my December 1st deadline and Yahoo's continuing unreliability, I can no longer accept new transfer requests. If you have an existing transfer request, I will continue to try to complete the transfer up until the December 14th deadline.




Join to automatically receive all group messages.