moderated Hashtags also supported in the email body

David Baker (CASRAI) <dbaker@...>

I am a new user and we are assessing groups.io for our not-for-profit project. I loved to hear that hashtags were supported but was surprised to learn that they were only supported in the subject line. Has there been discussion for/against also supporting hashtags in the body? I did a cursory search for this kind of thing but failed to find it.

Outside of Twitter I was first introduced to hashtags in Discourse. As I was writing in the body of a post I could add hashtags as needed and they worked without adding content to the subject line.

As a newbie I may be missing the value of the subject-line-only feature. But I'm willing to learn.