moderated Re: Another Yahoo Groups outage

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 8:23 AM David Hartwell via Groups.Io <hartwelld=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

1) Does the outage only affect transfer of messages, or everything? I don't need messages transferred, just everything else. So I'm wondering if maybe the present outage wouldn't prevent this. (I have already archived our Yahoo group messages and am working on getting them in mbox file format for import).

Mostly it just affects messages. Photos, files and member lists seem to be ok.

2) I think we need some transfer help. Presently, the transfer of our group (UnsolvedProblems), seems to be stuck in limbo. It was first attempted about a month ago and a few more times since. When I try it again, it just says "That Yahoo Group is already a part of another transfer." but there is no transfer status and nothing has been transferred. The transfer steps were not done exactly in order (due to a change in group ownership mid-way), so maybe that's the cause.

If you, or anyone else, wants to go ahead with the transfer but without messages, first, go into your transfer request and uncheck the Messages box. Then contact me off-list with the name of your Groups.io group and your Yahoo Group. I cannot guarantee that, if Yahoo ever fixes the messages issue, that I'd be able to go back later and get the messages for your group. But you'd have everything else transferred.