moderated Re: Another Yahoo Groups outage

David Hartwell

Mark,

1) Does the outage only affect transfer of messages, or everything? I don't need messages transferred, just everything else. So I'm wondering if maybe the present outage wouldn't prevent this. (I have already archived our Yahoo group messages and am working on getting them in mbox file format for import).

2) I think we need some transfer help. Presently, the transfer of our group (UnsolvedProblems), seems to be stuck in limbo. It was first attempted about a month ago and a few more times since. When I try it again, it just says "That Yahoo Group is already a part of another transfer." but there is no transfer status and nothing has been transferred. The transfer steps were not done exactly in order (due to a change in group ownership mid-way), so maybe that's the cause.

David