moderated Re: Another Yahoo Groups outage

Ali

While we all wait ... If you haven't done so it is probably a good idea to request all your group data from Yahoo. This page has instructions:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/4/20917500/yahoo-group-data-download-how-to

I put the request in several weeks ago and a few days ago got an email notice that it was ready to be downloaded. The zip file I received was over 2Gb. What is interesting and surprising is the zip file contains all the data (posts, files, photos etc) from all the groups that I was ever subscribed to including 10 that no longer exist or are inaccessible! I don't know if this is some change Yahoo/Verizon has made but I really only expected to receive the posts, YMMV.