moderated Re: Invitations to Yahoogroups

Roger Colwell

If it helps at all, Simon, I did a test earlier today to invite a new member to one of my old Yahoo groups, then promote that person to moderator. I did this experiment only to see why so many Yahoo group owners are having issues at present; I concede that their services are extremely flaky at present and maybe I was lucky in completing the following:

At first, I tried sending the invite logged into my Yahoo group on my Windows 10 PC; the first snag was I couldn't send the invitation as all I got were errors — I was using username@.... Then I tried the strategy that I used in the past when inviting transfer@groups.io which is: GIO Transfer <transfer@groups.io> and this was accepted on first attempt. Which format have you been trying?

Following receipt of the invitation I found it necessary to create a new Yahoo account for username@... which I did on my Mac (in order to stay logged in on my PC). I was able to setup a new account using that non-Yahoo address and then I tried to register with my Yahoo Group. It wouldn't complete using Firefox; it wouldn't complete using Safari! In the end, I tried registering on my PC using Firefox and it worked first attempt!

I hope this may be of use to other struggling owner/admins ...

Roger