moderated Re: Want to lock historic message, but allow editing on new messages #suggestion

Why don't you try going into your Settings page, scrolling down to Message Policies, and setting x in "Automatically Lock Topics after x Days" to the interval between now and the last yahoo message thread (like, maybe, 10 days? or whenever the last historical message was posted that you want locked). groups.io will go through at midnight and lock all the topics older than x days. Then tomorrow, you can undo the setting. All the old topics that were locked will stay locked, and no new ones will time out. You may miss a few stragglers but it should get you close enough to what you want.

You can edit any locked topic so you can still add your hashtags, but you would have to do that by hand.