moderated Re: New Yahoo Group transfer requests disabled

txercoupemuseum.org

Hi Mark,

Does this “free up” some of your time to consider some “system” tweaks?

In particular, I’d REALLY like to see a “Select all” option for the members display.  It is an unreasonable and unnecessary waste of Owner/Moderator time to have to plod through 1000+ members manually checking twenty at a time to make bulk adjustments.

One of my Moderators suggested that, for groups migrating over, there is no “need” to have to “approve” the first message sent out by people who have long belonged with no spam problem.  I know I (and probably most other Owners) checked the box to require this, but with the benefit of 20-20 hindsight, it is inappropriate to subject members of no spamming threat (and my Moderators) to such inconvenience that serves no valid purpose.  Would be nice to have a way to make a bulk adjustment of all such members to “unmoderated” (or other status).

Best!

WRB

—

On Nov 23, 2019, at 11:21 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

The Yahoo Groups outage continues, preventing us from exporting group messages. For now, I have disabled the ability to create new transfer requests, and have posted a note on the Yahoo Group transfer page telling people to not upgrade their group to Premium until the outage is over.

I don't want people upgrading their groups and then us not being able to do the transfer.

_._,_._,_